Monday, July 30, 2012

Background Check

So. Now that I have stopped procrastinating and finally created a blog, I actually have to write something. So first of all, an introduction.



I'm Shauna. I go to art school. When I tell people this, their reply is inevitably, "Oh wow, it must be so nice to just hang out and paint all day!" And of course, yes it is amazing to be able to do something that I actually love. I chose to pursue a career in an area I have felt passionate about ever since I can remember, and it is a privilege to be able to follow this dream. But at the same time, there are many difficulties with going into a career in the arts, and studying art in school requires as much dedication and hard work as any other curriculum.

My intention with this blog is to show my work, to create a record of my experiences in the art world both in school and in the industry. And to share my artistic journey and the lessons I learn along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment