Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Room of One's Own

      Apparently, a universal characteristic of artists is that no matter how big a studio space, it is never big enough. "Clutter expands to fit the existing space." Never having had an actual studio space, I haven't had much time to put this theory into practise, but I can testify to the fact that it expands to the very limits of the space allowed. So far my art studio space has always co-existed with my bedroom, a basement, shared school studios or the corner of my mother's living room.
Art materials and pilfered water containers aka mugs

Encaustic paints


Art on the other hand definitely has the capacity to completely fill any space. My paintings have overflowed my room and migrated to almost every area of the house.

    Needless to say, I look forward to when I can afford my own studio space!



No comments:

Post a Comment